TO APPLY: Email resumes to email@example.com
Our firm is currently seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded, advancement-oriented individuals for the following opening in our Accounting Department.
WHO WE ARE – Kessler Orlean Silver & Co (KOS) is a 50+ person full service CPA firm located in Deerfield IL. We provide clients of all sizes in many industries primarily throughout the Chicagoland area with a wide variety of assurance, accounting, tax and consulting services. We are a family-friendly environment with an emphasis on career development and advancement.
SOME THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT AT KOS – Challenging work assignments and promotions based on skill; leadership development and soft skills training programs; mentoring; semi-annual performance appraisals; business casual attire year-round; flexible hours schedule; lunch and learn meetings; book discussion groups; and a thorough orientation process.
SOMETHING NOT TO EXPECT AT KOS – Crazy, ridiculous hours, all-nighters, sleeping accommodations, and sweat-shop conditions. Yes, we work hard, but there is life outside the office and we respect that.
3-7 Years Public Accounting Experience
Responsibilities will include, among others:
- Preparing and reviewing workpapers for a variety of financial engagements;
- Preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures;
- Consulting with clients and various internal accounting related transactions;
- Providing strategic and tactical advice;
- Keeping abreast of latest technical developments;
- Coaching and mentoring junior level staff; and
- Helping manage and sustain client relationships.
- Previous public accounting experience (other than entry level) and any experience with CCH ProSystem fx programs and QuickBooks is a huge plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on the ability to articulate complex accounting, tax and financial information to clients;
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting / tax software programs;
- Comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines; and
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
BENEFITS WE OFFER: Competitive salary; generous PTO policy; employee bonus program; partially paid maternity/paternity policy; 401k and cafeteria plan; health, life, dental, and disability insurance; bereavement; firm-paid CPE, membership dues and licenses.